You are going to love this no bake, cacao rich treat that you keep in the refrigerator!
Packed with healthy fats, fibre, protein and magnesium the relaxation mineral this square makes perfect brain food for when you are feeling stressed out and starving.
Raw cacao boosts serotonin levels in the brain and can help to elevate your mood.
Coconut oil satiates the appetite and as it is a medium chain fatty acid is chosen first by the body as fuel for energy and is not be laid down on the body as fat. In fact studies show that coconut oil can help to reduce belly fat.
Shredded coconut, chia and ground hazelnuts ensure that this treat is fibre rich and add important minerals and healthy fats including brain nourishing omega 3 fatty acids.
These Hazelnut Cacao Refrigerator Squares can be kept in the freezer for up to a month to pull out whenever you get the stress munchies.
Next time you find yourself craving something sweet and delicious, kick simple carbs and croissants to the kerb and pull out this nutrient dense, Nutellaesque square!
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts (I ground my hazelnuts in a coffee grinder)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp heaped cacao
- Add all the dry ingredients into a large bowl
- Warm the coconut oil until melted
- Add the maple syrup into the bowl of dry ingredients
- Add the melted coconut oil
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients vigorously to form a sticky dough
- Press the dough into an 8" by 8" tin
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Cut into 12 squares and enjoy.
Legal Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace medical advice or diagnosis from your family practitioner, specialist or medical doctor. The recipes advice and articles consist of nutritional and lifestyle advice as the sharing of information to support a healthier body.