Wow, here is a fast and furious weekday supper that kids love and that will use up a glut of summer zucchini.
The best part of this recipe is that so much of the cooking is hands free, with the vegetables being roasted in the oven before they are pureed with the chicken stock. Heck, roast those vegetables while you shower in the morning for an even faster supper! It is then just a case of warming the soup through whilst stirring in a melting cheese and deliciousness in a bowl awaits. I used a local organic goats cheese but a Boursin cheese would be perfect and may be more familiar to children. Regardless I am never going to argue with kids who eat 2lb of zucchini!
- 2lbs zucchini
- 1 large onion, red or yellow
- 1 head garlic
- 1 small goats cheese with herbs or Boursin
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Chop the onion and Zucchini into large 1" chunks and place into a roasting pan.
- Peel the cloves on a head of garlic and toss into roasting pan.
- Toss in olive oil and place in oven at 425F and roast for 25 minutes
- Put the roasted vegetables into a large pan with the chicken stock and puree using a hand blender.
- Warm the soup through gently and melt in the cheese.
Legal Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace medical advice or diagnosis from your family practitioner, specialist or medical doctor. The recipes advice and articles consist of nutritional and lifestyle advice as the sharing of information to support a healthier body.