Beautiful on the plate and equally as delicious to taste; this elegant salad makes the most of one of our favourite “super foods”, kale and a seasonal delight, sweet strawberries.
Kale provides us with hard to find vitamin K which directly helps the liver in it’s detoxification process and also aids blood clotting after injury. Vitamin A, a powerful anti-ageing and anti-oxidant vitamin, and a good dose of vitamin C which when coupled with the strawberries in this salad make it a powerful immunity booster.
Balsamic vinegar brings out the fruity flavour of seasonal strawberries and the additional honey in the dressing plays up the sweetness of the berry and complements the strong flavour of the kale.
As strawberries appear with regularity on the Dirty Dozen list of foods, be sure to buy organic for this salad. As with all kale salads the secret is in the massaging of the leaves!
Great health has never tasted so good!
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1lb carton organic strawberries
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tsp local honey
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- Chop a large bunch of kale finely and place in a large bowl.
- Using the coconut oil, massage the kale with your hands for 3-5 minutes until it is wilted and softened.
- Quarter strawberries and add to kale.
- In a jam jar add all dressing ingredients.
- Put on lid and shake vigorously.
- Taste dressing and season or sweeten further.
- Pour over salad and mix gently using the hands.
- Locate a beautiful bowl for the gorgeous salad.
Legal Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace medical advice or diagnosis from your family practitioner, specialist or medical doctor. The recipes advice and articles consist of nutritional and lifestyle advice as the sharing of information to support a healthier body.